1. Welcome to Pottstown Chat! This site is a free community project by the residents of the Pottstown area in Pennsylvania to serve as a place to talk about what is going on in our town and local areas such as Lower Pottsgrove, Limerick, Coventry and others.

Dismiss Notice

Featured Burgers Jake's Wayback Burgers - Upland Square (Pottstown)

Discussion in 'Dining' started by Kevin, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Kevin

Kevin Local Guy Staff Member

[​IMG]

Jake's Wayback Burgers, a burger & fries joint, is now open in the Upland Square Shopping Center! :cool:

Jake's Wayback Burgers started as Jake's Burgers in 1991 on Route 273 in Newark, DE, and are still there today. Since then they have expanded to several states and franchisee owners. Their specialty is fresh-made burgers, fries, and shakes. They feature a 'Burger-Of-The-Month' offering.

The new Wayback Burgers location is owned by Lower Pottsgrove based Lynda Hendershot and is planned to have about 30 employees. The grand opening was in July, 2011.

You can find Wayback Burgers in the Upland Square Shopping Center off of RT-100. Within the center it is located across the street from Giant, a few stores down from Petco.

Jake's Wayback Burgers
    255 Upland Square Drive
    Pottstown, PA 19464
    484-300-4246

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/JakesWaybackBurgers.Pottstown
    Corporate Website: http://www.waybackburgers.com

2. Kevin

Kevin Local Guy Staff Member

Went to Jake's again for dinner last night and so far the quality of food seems to be consistent.

I tried the Burger-of-the-Month this time which for August is a BBQ Crunch Burger, a double-burger with BBQ sauce & chips. With some ketchup, raw onions, & lettuce added it was quite good! (y) Also tried their banana milkshake since not too many places out there will make banana milkshakes anymore; apparently they turn out too thick for some equipment. The shake was great and as long as they keep banana as an option I'll be getting more of them. An order of fries made the perfect side to go along with the burger. My fellow diners with me enjoyed theirs as well.

Something that I noticed on my prior visit and again last night was that they constantly have a crew member cleaning. Whether it is wiping the counters or cleaning the glass partitions there is always somebody cleaning and I love to see that. If it came between saving a few pennies by going elsewhere or spending a little bit more at a place that is clean & spotless, I'll choose the clean & spotless place every time.

Another thing that I've noticed that was consistent was that the crew working the register is always polite & smiling. Unlike some other places, where the employees act as if they are doing you a favor by taking your order, the crew at Jake's actually seem to be happy workers. Customer service seems to be a lost practice at most retail locations these days so interacting with a crew who enjoy their jobs is a pleasant experience.

Between good food, clean dining area, and friendly staff we will be making Jake's a 'regular' spot and I have no problem recommending them to others.