1. Welcome to Pottstown Chat! This site is a free community project by the residents of the Pottstown area in Pennsylvania to serve as a place to talk about what is going on in our town and local areas such as Lower Pottsgrove, Limerick, Coventry and others.

Dismiss Notice

Cafe Funky Lil' Kitchen - Pottstown

Discussion in 'Dining' started by Kevin, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Local Guy Staff Member

I always heard good things about Funky Lil' Kitchen but never quite had a chance to check them out; looks like I may have missed my chance as the place has been up for sale for a few months now.

Funky Lil' Kitchen for sale, going truck route
    POSTED: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 11:24 AM
    Michael Klein, Philly.com

After nearly nine years of inspiring city dwellers to shlep out to Pottstown for dinner, chef Michael Falcone has put Funky Lil' Kitchen - his BYOB - on the market. Falcone says his next step is a food truck. "Instead of getting people to trek out here, we'll go to them," quipped Falcone. The truck - to be called Heart - is in development for a spring rollout. Its focus will reflect Funky Lil' Kitchen's sustainable, local and organic approach. Important note: Falcone will stay open at FLK until the business is sold. In the market for a restaurant in Pottstown? Here is the listing. Business is for sale with real estate for $289,900 or business for sale with the lease of building for $125,000 and $1,700 a month.​

2. Cindy

Cindy New Member

Where is that located?

3. Kevin

Kevin Local Guy Staff Member

Funky Lil' Kitchen is closed also now. New owners have moved in to take over the restaurant operations and are operating as Racine, a "new American" restaurant.