1. Welcome to Pottstown Chat! This site is a free community project by the residents of the Pottstown area in Pennsylvania to serve as a place to talk about what is going on in our town and local areas such as Lower Pottsgrove, Limerick, Coventry and others.

Dismiss Notice

Pizza Big Daddy's Pizza - Pottstown

Discussion in 'Dining' started by Kevin, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Local Guy Staff Member

My favorite pizza places in the area is Big Daddy's on Charlotte St. in the North-End Shopping Center. They are the first shop on the left side of the center.

Our family has been going there for several years and never had a problem. The food is great and the owners recognize you when you walk in the door. Giovanni Esposito, the owner & bearded pizza maker, likes to try new things so be on the lookout by the front counter for new items that have been introduced. Giovanni, along with his brother Pablo & brother-in-law Joe Balcarcel, opened Big Daddy's in 2005

For the pizza I prefer the thin-crust pie as it reminds me of pies from Franzone's in Bridgeport that I grew up enjoying. The pies from Franzone's have a much sweeter sauce and do their sauce on top of the cheese like a boardwalk style but the thin-crust from Big Daddy's is addictive when it comes out of the oven. Recently they introduced a "Brooklyn Style" crust. It is a square pie with a thin-crust and a taste that makes me think of sourdough bread. Try a Brooklyn Style Chicken BBQ pie for a really good flavor combination! :cool:

I prefer my cheesesteaks with provolone cheese; if you like a good steak sandwich try the Big Daddy's medium cheesesteak with provolone and a mixture of both raw & fried onions. While I partake in the cheesesteaks frequently my wife enjoys the Personal Italian Stromboli. With a bit of butter & garlic on top served with a side of marinara sauce it is hard to resist.

They also offer a few dozen different entree selections and appetizers to try along with hot wings. Over the years I've been slowly trying just about everything on the menu and there is not much that can be complained about. Try different things on the menu but if you're looking for the 'basics' to try them out then try the recommendations above, you will enjoy it. ;)

Giovanni's Big Daddy's Pizza
    Phone
    : (610) 323-8055
    Address: 1300 N Charlotte Street, Pottstown, PA 19464 (North-End Shopping Center)
    Web: http://www.gbigdaddyspizza.com/
    Twitter: @GBigDaddysPizza
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giovannis-Big-Daddys-Pizza/133784453328944
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/103852479142095422018/about

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Kevin

Kevin Local Guy Staff Member

For Big Daddy's customers... you really should ask Giovanni what experiments he is working on! If you're not sure, order a personal sized version to see if you like it or not. It seems like Thursdays is the day he likes to experiment on the most so drop by to see if he has any slices available if even a personal sized pie is too much.

Personally I can recommend the Crispy Chicken Chipotle BBQ, which is pictured above in post #2, and one of his more recent experiments, a BBQ Chicken + Bacon + Red Onion + Pineapple combination. Both are good.